DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
1. Handling personal data
The website www.bjb.com as well as all of the subdomains belonging to that domain are an offer by BJB GmbH & Co. KG, Arnsberg, Germany (“BJB”). BJB operates this website to provide information about the BJB company and the products sold by BJB.
The protection of your personal data which we collect by collecting, storing and using it during your visit to BJB’s website is important to us. In the following, we explain to you what information BJB collects during your visit to the website and how this is used by BJB.
2. Name and contact details of the party who is responsible for the processing as well as of the company’s data protection officer
This data protection information applies for data processing by:
BJB GmbH & Co. KG
Werler Str. 159755 Arnsberg
Telephone: +49 2932 982 0
Fax: +49 2932 982 8201
BJB’s company data protection officer can be reached at the abovementioned address, to the attention of Mr. Dieter Schmitz, and at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Collecting and saving personal data as well as the nature and purpose of the usage
a) Data processing when visiting websites
BJB endeavours to improve and to update its offer on BJB’s website for customers and interested parties, in order thereby to increase the attractiveness of the offer. For this purpose, data is saved in connection with every access of BJB’s website, which is not allocated to any natural person and is exclusively used for BJB’s internal, statistical and technical purposes. Names, addresses, email addresses or other contact data are not collected, unless you provide these details voluntarily, for example in the framework of a newsletter subscription. BJB does not generate any user profile of data of visitors to the website.
This information is temporarily saved in a so-called log file. The following information is collected in this context without you doing anything and is stored until automatic deletion:
- names and designations of the files which are accessed by the respective user of BJB’s website,
- the IP address from which the data is accessed,
- the date and time of accessing the respective webpage,
- the data volume transferred,
- the time of the respective first access of one of BJB’s webpages as well as the time of the respective last activity on one of these pages,
- status queries concerning the successful accessing of the files, as well as
- type of Internet browser used and the origin address (so-called referrer).
The data named is processed by us for the following purposes:
- guaranteeing smooth connection to the website,
- guaranteeing comfortable usage of our website,
- evaluating system security and stability, as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 f of the GDPR. Our justified interest follows from the above-listed purposes of data collection. In no event do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
Moreover, we place cookies during the visit to our website, and use analysis services. For more information about this, please see sections 5 and 6 of this Data Protection Declaration.
b) Data processing in connection with queries/newsletter
Insofar as you have supplied your email address in the framework of a query, particularly via the “Contact” page, with your consent, BJB will send you the correspondingly-requested information. In that context, at least the provision of your email address is necessary in order that we know from whom the query has been sent, and in order to be able to reply. Further details can be supplied voluntarily. Your data provided will be saved in a file and/or in an email program and exclusively used for the correspondence regarding the information sought.
You also have the option of ordering a newsletter via our website. In order to verify that you have actually subscribed for the newsletter, first we send you a confirmation email with an activation link. Only once you click on this is the subscription confirmation and you are included in the distribution list for the newsletter so that you will receive it in future. Subscribing for the newsletter is recorded for evidentiary purposes with the IP address, date and time. You can unsubscribe at any time, particularly by using the link to unsubscribe which is at the end of every newsletter. Data processing for the purpose of making contact and/or for sending the newsletter is done pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 a of the GDPR on the basis of the respective consent voluntarily granted by you.
4. Passing on data
Your personal data is not transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have granted your express consent to this pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 a of the GDPR,
- passing it on pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 f of the GDPR is necessary in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason for assuming that you have an overwhelming protection-worthy interest in your data not being passed on,
- in the event that there is a statutory obligation to pass the data on pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 c of the GDPR, or
- this is permissible by law and is necessary pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 b of the GDPR for the execution of contract relationships with you.
Using cookies serves to make using our offer more comfortable for you. For example, we use so-called session cookies in order to identify that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These are automatically deleted when you leave our website. Moreover, we use temporary cookies also in order to optimise user-friendliness, which are saved for a defined period of time on your end device. If you visit our website again in order to use our services, it is automatically recognised that you are returning and what input and configurations you entered, in order that you do not have to type it all in again.
The data processed via cookies is necessary for the named purposes in order to safeguard our justified interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 f of the GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are saved on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is placed. Full deactivation of cookies can result in you not being able to use all of our website’s functions, however.
Should you leave BJB’s website via a link and arrive at a third-party website, it is possible that cookies are used by the providers of the linked websites. BJB is not legally responsible for those cookies.
6. Analysis and tracking tools
a) Google Analytics
For the purpose of the need-oriented configuration and continuous optimisation of our website, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this context, a pseudonymized usage profile is generated and cookies are used. The information generated by the cookie about your usage of this website, such as
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previous page visited),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server query,
is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. The information is used in order to evaluate usage of the website, in order to compile reports about the website activities, and in order to render other services associated with the website usage and Internet usage for the purposes of market research and need-oriented configuration of those websites. This information is also transmitted to third parties where necessary, insofar as this is prescribed by law or third parties process this data upon instruction. In no case is your IP address conflated with other data by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so no allocation is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly; however, please note that in such case it might not be possible to fully use all of this website’s functions.
Moreover, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your usage of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to a browser add-on, particularly in the case of browsers on mobile end devices, you can also prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be placed, which will prevent the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie applies only in this browser and not for our website, and will be deposited on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to place the opt-out cookie again.
You can obtain more information about data protection in connection with Google Analytics, for example in Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
We put social plugs on our website on the basis of Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 f of the GDPR from the social network LinkedIn of the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“LinkedIn”), in order to make our company more well known thereby. The promotional purpose behind this is to be regarded as a justified interest in the sense of the GDPR. Responsibility for the data protection-compliant operation is to be guaranteed by the provider. The integration of this plug-in by us is done by way of the so-called two-click method, in order to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way. You can recognise the LinkedIn plug-in by the LinkedIn logo or the “share” button (“recommend”) on this website. When you visit this website, clicking on the plug-in creates a direct connection between your browser and the LinkedIn server. LinkedIn receives thereby the information that you have visited this website with your IP address. If you click on the LinkedIn “share” button while you are logged into your LinkedIn account, you can link the contents of this website to your LinkedIn profile. Thereby, LinkedIn can allocate the visit to this website to your user account. We would like to point out that as provider of the website we receive no knowledge of the contents of the data transmitted or its usage by LinkedIn. Details regarding data collection (purpose, scope, further processing, usage) as well as your rights and configuration options can be obtained from LinkedIn’s data protection information, which can be found at http://www.linkedin.com/static?key=privacy_policy&trk=hb_ft_priv.
We use the “visitor behaviour pixel” of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) within our website. With the assistance of this pixel, we can trace the acts of users after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook advertisement. For example, we can record the efficacy of the Facebook advertising for statistical purposes and market-research purposes. The data thus-collected is anonymous for us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. The promotional purpose behind this is to be regarded as a justified interest in the sense of the GDPR.
However, this data is saved and processed by Facebook, which we are informing you about in accordance with our state of knowledge. The integration of this plug-in by us is done by way of the so-called two-click method, in order to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way. You can recognise the Facebook plug-ins by the Facebook logo on this website. When you access a page of our website which contains such a Facebook plug-in, clicking on the logo causes your browser to create a direct connection with Facebook’s servers.
By clicking on the logo, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not possess a Facebook account or are not currently logged into Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and saved there.
If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can directly allocate the visit to our website to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plug-ins, for example the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted to a Facebook server and saved there. The information will also be published on Facebook and shown to your Facebook friends.
Facebook can use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research and need-oriented configuration of Facebook pages. For this purpose, usage profiles, interest profiles and relationship profiles are generated by Facebook, e.g. in order to evaluate your usage of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and in order to render other services associated with using Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to allocate the data compiled about our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
You can read in Facebook’s data protection information about the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your rights and configuration options in this respect regarding the protection of your private sphere (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
Within our website we use Mouseflow, a web analysis tool from Mouseflow ApS, Flaesketorvet 68, 1711 Copenhagen, Denmark, to record randomly selected individual visits (only with anonymous IP address). This creates a log of mouse movements and clicks with the intention of randomly replaying individual website visits and deriving potential improvements for the website. The information is not personal and will not be shared. If you do not wish to have this information recorded, you can deactivate it on all websites that use mouseflow by clicking on the following link: www.mouseflow.de/opt-out/.
e) Use of SalesViewer® technology:
This website uses SalesViewer® technology from SalesViewer® GmbH on the basis of the website operator’s legitimate interests (Section 6 paragraph 1 lit.f GDPR) in order to collect and save data on marketing, market research and optimisation purposes.
The data stored by Salesviewer will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and there are no legal obligations to retain them.
The data recording and storage can be repealed at any time with immediate effect for the future, by clicking on https://www.salesviewer.com/opt-out in order to prevent SalesViewer® from recording your data. In this case, an opt-out cookie for this website is saved on your device. If you delete the cookies in the browser, you will need to click on this link again
7. Rights of party affected
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 of the GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can ask for details about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage duration, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us, as well as about the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and where applicable meaningful information about these details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 of the GDPR, to request without undue delay the correction of incorrect personal data concerning you or the completion of your personal data saved by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 of the GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data saved by us, insofar as no processing is necessary to exercise the right to free expression of opinion or information is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, or for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 of the GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the correctness of the data is disputed by you, processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art 21. of the GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR, to request receipt of your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to request transmission to another responsible party;
- pursuant to Art. 7 paragraph 3 of the GDPR, to declare revocation of your consent at any time to us. This will have the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing which is based on this consent in future; and
- pursuant to Art. 77 of the GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. Usually you can approach the supervisory authority in your usual place of residence or place of work or our company headquarters.
8. Objection right
Insofar as your personal data is being processed on the basis of justified interests pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1, sentence 1 f of the GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR to file an objection to the processing of your personal data insofar as there are reasons for this which arise out of your special situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general objection right, which will be implemented by us without naming a special situation.
If you would like to make use of your revocation or objection right, an email to email@example.com is sufficient.
9. Security information
BJB endeavours to take all of the necessary technical and organisational security measures in order to save your personal data in such a way that this is not accessible to third parties or to the public. Should you wish to contact us by email, the confidentiality of the information transmitted is technically limited to the usual degree because the contents of emails can be viewed by third parties.
BJB’s online offer contains links to other websites. We have no influence on their operators complying with the data protection provisions.
10. Currentness and modification of this Data Protection Declaration
This Data Protection Declaration is currently valid, and is as of May 2018.
As a result of the further development of our website and offers or due to modified statutory or official stipulations, it might become necessary to modify this Data Protection Declaration. The respectively-current data protection declaration can be accessed by you and printed out at any time from the website at www.bjb.com/en/Data-privacy.